Flowers Just Because

I had fun making this card. It started out running acetate through the Cuttlebug Script Embossing Folder. Then I painted the top of it white, let it dry and then sanded off the writing. The panel is made stamping the small flower from the Live Your Dream set by SU! on white with Always Artichoke that has been stamped off. I then used Linen (SU!) with Tim Holz's Tea Dye distress ink, stamping it off and then *finger stamping* it over the flowers. I added the turquoise color with a stipple brush. The tag frame is a Cuttlebug Die Cut. I did generation stamping, using a lighter version for my main panel and then a darker version for the spotlight. Just Because is by A Muse. Ribbon is SU! and Dragonfly Brads are by Creative Impressions.

Comments

JulesinParadise said…
Your card is lovely. I see you are on Shelby's Embellish It DT...tell her hi from Jules please!
Anonymous said…
This is really beautiful! I love the colors and the shabby chicness of it!
Catherine said…
Love how you used the acetate - makes a great vintage effect layered on top of the DP!
Anonymous said…
Really pretty cards. The designs are very nice and look like you took a lot of time.

Great eagle cards.
Jacqueline said…
This is gorgeous - must have missed it !
Lori said…
Beautiful! I love the look of the embossed acetate.
You are WAY too brilliant. The second I saw that painted acetate I knew i had to know how you did it. (I didn't have a clue what it was, but I knew I loved it, LOL.) I am SO going to try this brilliant technique!!!! OOps, must get that folder now though, ;O) Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration! [P.S. I hope it's okay I'm adding this to the unique cuttlebug link list on my blog.]

Popular Posts