Leftover Wishes....

Our Friday Challenge at http://www.embellish-online.com/ was to use *leftovers* on our cards. Crafty things that were trash-bound. My original idea was to make a card using up paper and ribbon scraps until I had a little mini-crafty disaster on my desk! It was about 2am and I was in a hurry...trying to get one last card done and get to bed. I quite un-handily dumped my Art Institute Pearlescent glitter right into my SU! heat and stick powder. Let me tell you, that doesn't work out so well! I really hate throwing stuff away.....so then I decided to turn it into some snow. My new snow is both gritty and glittery....sorta like real snow in real life.

Card base is SU!'s Always Artichoke, designer paper is BasicGrey's Wassail collection. I stamped SU!'s Garden Snowman right onto the snowflake paper and colored the image with the Copic Markers. I doodled around the edge of the image and then applied my *leftover* snow to the edge with Diamond Glaze. Winter Wonder is by http://www.therubbercafe.com/ and is stamped in BasicGrey's Journal Block. For the snowflake medallion, I stamped the SU! Snowflake with white stazon on acetate and cut it out. It is layered on a pierced circle punch and topped off with a snowflake from Dress It Up! Faux stitching and sanding finish it off.

Thanks so much for stopping by....I hope you are having a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Comments

Pat (mspfd) said…
Wow! This is a lot of work and it shows!
Becky Sorensen said…
Absolutely beautiful. I love it.
hugs.
Cheryl Walker said…
This is soooo pretty!!!! Love all the work on this, and I also love the snowman in the post below!!!

Cheryl
Helen said…
Beautiful card - despite the chilly theme, I find it really warm and Christmassy.
So pretty, so cheerful, love it!
Lastel said…
Very pretty card ! Sorry to hear about your disaster !
retiredheather said…
Love the card and your snow is great.
Happy Holidays
Heather
Crystal Ware said…
Wow, this is just gorgeous! I love it.
Jeff & Aleigh said…
Wow!! I love this card!!
Gail S. said…
Another work of art! Love the snow.
Crissy said…
This card is beautiful! I love it!
Catherine said…
Wow! This is one of the best of the season! Love the papers and all the special touches!!!

I have an award for you posted on my blog, so please stop in to collect!

Hugs,
Catherine
Jacquel said…
Too cute and I like the dp you used!

Popular Posts