The Card That Started It All....

Faux Bleach....I was checking out the gallery on SCS...and came across this card....and was inspired to make the one pictured above and all the rest I've been posting this week!

For this card I stamped the Queen Anne's Lace (Penny Black) and grass (SU!) on a shipping tag and embossed them in clear. I then sprayed the tag with Tim Holtz's Color Wash Sprays in Espresso and Denim. I then flipped the tag face down on some typing paper, covered it with a sheet of typing paper and ironed the tag to dry the ink and melt the embossing powder off onto the scrap paper. It leaves you with an image that appears to have been bleached. No smell of bleach...but wear gloves to protect your hands....else you will be a few shades of Espresso and Denim yourself!! (two gloves are better than one....ask me how I know!! ;)

The background was fun too....it is SU!'s River Rock cardstock that has been run through Cuttlebug's Diamond in the Rough Embossing Folder. Then, to highlight the embossing, I stamped Prima's Newsboy stamp over it in Colorbox's Olive Pastel Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink. It's hit or miss...but it adds some fun interest to the card!

Other details....recycled cardboard, one ply of some twine, SU!'s Nesting Oval Punches, Wish (SU!), Dragonfly brad, Making Memories Decorative Brad.

Comments

Jacqueline said…
This is SO gorgeous, I'm going to have to try this this weekend!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Michelle N. said…
Very pretty! You are on a roll with this technique!
Sherry Cheever said…
Very pretty and thanks for letting me know you have been playing with this technique!
Michelle, so pretty! I love the vintage, shabby look to this.
Kim said…
Michelle these cards were so much fun today! I found some of the color splash at that Scrapbook memories or whatever the name of that store is! YAY!!! I am so excited to teach my mom now! she was the cards and is totally in love!!! Gram was so excited....I think it brought a bunch of sunshine and smiles into her not so fun day. She said her knee was hurting a lot today. I told her now she can look at her happy cards to get her mind off of the knee! :)
Talk to you soon!
Luv & Hugs~
Kim
I like the nature theme of this card. The bleached image, corrugated panel and embossed background all work so well together.
Gina Lindsay said…
Gorgeous, love the colors.

Popular Posts