MMSC77 - 60th Wedding Anniversary

I loved the Midnight Madness Sketch this week....and decided to use it to make a 60th wedding anniversary card I need for my aunt and uncle next weekend.

I used lots of pretties on this card...the border stamp is from the Ornamental Holiday set at The Rubber Cafe and is embossed with Liquid Platinum embossing powder from Ranger. I like this color, it has a gold tint, but it doesn't glare GOLD at you.

I have been having fun with the paper embroidery lately...and thought it would be fun to add some hearts to this card. I printed a pattern by Judy Headrick as my starting point. Then I used one of the techniques featured in the Embroidery on Paper book I have by Design Originals. These hearts were quick and easy to make. I stitched them using gold DMC floss, I separated the strand into it's two main pieces and used them that way.

The roses are gorgeous digital images from Faith at Designed2Delight. They are from the set Beautiful Life set and are colored with Copic Markers. I cut them out and attached them with foam tape and glue dots.

The focal point is the bride and groom's wedding photo that I took from the invitation. I loved the sepia color. Thanks for the fun challenge and beautiful images ladies!!

Comments

Carol Hurlock said…
Wow Michelle, this is positively exquisite. I love that embossing. Great job with the sketch. Thank you for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team
Nancy said…
OMG Michelle, That is so GORGEOUS. Your Hearts ar wonderful!!! I have to look for that book for more inspiration!
Denise said…
What a beautiful job you did on this card. I love the embossing and the gorgeous embroidery you did. The red is very striking. Nicely done!
Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
Denise P.
MMSC Design Team
Michelle this is the most amazing project! All the detail is so striking and beautiful!
marsha said…
Michelle, this is absolutely stunning! I love all the intricate details you added with your stitching and embossing, this is just so exquisite and shows the love you put into making this card for your aunt and uncle's anniversary. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch challenge and we hope you will join us again next week for another exciting challenge!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMDT-GD
Holly Moore said…
Michelle I am completely taken aback by your amazing card! It is so seriously breathtaking. You have such a knack for putting these together and it is a delight to see your work! Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.
Yours,
Holly R. Moore
MMDT ~ GD

Popular Posts