Three Cardinal Cards!

Today I'm sharing three cards featuring the Clearly Beautiful Cardinal Set from Prickley Pear. A fun feature of this set is, if you are not a fan of cutting like I am, you can also purchase a matching die that will cut out each of the three cardinals in this set! If you are not a fan of coloring, stamp on designer paper, as I did here!

For this first card, I used papers from BasicGrey's Porcelain and Nook and Pantry collections. I did some faux stitching and distressing to add a vintage feel. All Hearts sentiment was a perfect fit for this layout!

Other items used on this card include Prima flowers and gems and Martha Stewart Punches.

This is a clean an simple version of the card above. I used different papers from the same collections. I added a touch of texture with a SU! embossing folder.

This card uses the same color scheme as the one I did the other day, however this is one that would be easier and more economical to reproduce. I substituted a Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die cut flower that I cut out of metallic grey paper for the metallic frame sticker. The circle behind the cardinal is punched out of a specialty coated cardstock. I rimmed the circle with a tiny gem strip from Mark Richards. Flowers are by prima and are layered over a snowflake die cut. I stamped the cardinal on designer paper again, and he has beautiful depth with a minimum of fuss!

Comments

All three are so beautiful. I do love the the music notes on the birds though.
Anne Marie Hile said…
All three are so gorgeous and so unique! Great accents on all of them and I love the idea of a matcing die cut for that stamp. I have to check that out! :)
Pat (mspfd) said…
Wow, this is terrific. Love that cardinal and the fact that it comes with a coordination die... now how cool is that! Gorgeous creations!
Nancy said…
WOW!!! Gorgeous cards!

Popular Posts