Card Patterns Sketch 94 ~ Winter Bells

I used this fun sketch from Card Patterns today with Christmas Bells from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps.

I stamped the bells on acetate with black stazon ink, colored the reverse side with Copic markers. Next I ran the image Copic side up through my Xyron machine and burnished the sticker well. I peeled off the liner and applied Art Institute's Fauna (208) transparent glitter. I ran it through the xyron again, glitter side down and burnished well. I removed the liner and applied to cream cardstock. Finally, I cut the image out, leaving a narrow border.

The crocheted lace is some I found at a yard sale...it is vintage and I added some tiny gold stitches to hold the peaks out in the scallops as shown in the sketch. The May Arts ribbon is popped up on a wide strip of foam tape so that it holds it's shape and gives some dimension to the card.

The crocheted flowers were gifted to me by Debbie Fisher...the colors were perfect and the go well with the crocheted edging.

The designer paper is actually an old piece of sheet music that just happens to have wording about bells! I ran it through my SU! embossing folder very carefully because it is so old it tears very easily. No distress inks needed!!

I popped my focal image up on foam tape over two heart pins by Making Memories. I used a portion of the song's title as an embellishment.

Very fun challenge!!

Comments

WOW! those flowers are the perfect accent to your gorgeous card!
NinaB said…
Such lovely vintage goodness. Thank you for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

Popular Posts