Card Patterns Sketch 96 with Prickley Pear

Today I'm excited to have a card featured on the Card Patterns Sketch blog representing Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps! This was a really fun sketch!

The sketch reminded me of the split negative technique...but I chose to use red and charcoal designer papers with very subtle designs for my sketch. My fibers are 2 or 3 strands silver metallic DMC embroidery floss.

The image is from Prickley Pear and is called Flourished Dancers. I stamped the image with black Stazon ink onto white glimmer paper and cut it out. I popped the image up on foam tape over a circle that has been embossed with the Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder.

The embossed circle is layered on a coordinating designer paper with red music on a black background. How fitting is that? I knew I was saving it for the perfect card!

I made the lacey frame with Little Stacker Nesting Dies from Dies Direct. I used the smallest of the six dies in the set and then punched a 5/8 inch offset circle in each scalloped circle. This left me with a *C* shaped crescent. I then attached the tips to the back of my circle panel with double-sided tape. I love the doily effect that it gave me...and this allows me to make any sized circle frame I'd like....just by adjusting the number and placement of the crescents.

To finish off my card I added a bit of glittery punch since dancers usually wear over the top costumes. The glitter dots are by Dress It Up and are attached with glue dots.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Pretty & very elegant!

Popular Posts