Accordian Style Card Box with Card Set

Hello and Welcome to 3D Thursday! Today I'm sharing a tutorial to make a fun Accordian Card Box that would be perfect for storing your cards or gifting to a friend. This is my take of the Splitcoast Stampers' Accoridan Style Card Holder. 

To begin you will need (1) 6x12 and (1) 4x6 inch piece of patterned paper. Score the long side of your 6x12 cardstock at 4.5, 6.5 and ll inches. Punch the 6 inch side of your 4x6 piece with a decorative edge punch. Score along the 4 inch side from the unpunched edge at 2 inches.  

 Next add Scor-Tape to the 1 inch flap on your 6x12 inch cardstock shown and attach your punched flap.
 Next cut (2) 3.75 x 4 inch pieces of coordinating cardstock. Score every .5 inch on the 4 inch side. 
Fold up as an accordian and attach to your 6x12 panel as shown. Note you are adding it to the bottom of the panel, near the score line and the edge of the cardstock. 


 Repeat the process to close your box. Add some coordinating cardstock inside your flap to cover your seam if you wish. I added two more strips of tape on each side of the one pictured near the scor lines. This  piece will measure 2x6 inches.

Attach a magnet to the inside center of your box and the top flap to close your box. I embellished the top and bottom edges of my card box with coordinating fabric tape and added stickers to label my box Cards. Next you can make dividers that measure 5.5 inches x 3 7/8 inches. I used 1 3/4 inch circle punches for the tabs and various stamps to label my sections. Simply slip the dividers in the folds and then add your cards.
 For my first card I used an adorable Wild Rose Stamp called Millie Baking.  I used some of the coordinating Fabric Tape to embellish my card.

My second card features a Magnolia image called Tida Offshore.  I used more of the fabric tape to perch her on.  Add sentiment if desired.
   My third card features a Gorjuss image called Rainy Daze.  Add sentiment as desired.


And my final card features a Wild Rose image I love to color called Mia With Candy. This is the tag I made last week, which I converted into an adorable card. Just another idea...and this card completes my card set. I hope you've enjoyed my take on this fun little card box!

Copics used on these cards include: YG23, YG13, B000, B23, B26, BG10, BG0000, R89, R29, R02, RV10, W5, W3, YR24, E11, E41, E43, E44. Michelle Pearson - Inspiration Blooms

Comments

Beautiful Michelle - you really have been busy. Love the clean crisp cards.
Blessings
Maxine
cute little box, and the cards are so awesome, love it!!!
Paula
Anne-Marie said…
Oh wow....what a beautiful gift idea....I'm Pinning this one!
Unknown said…
What a great way to give a gift! TFS! ;o)

Popular Posts