Winter Decor!

I have something a bit different for you today for Prickley Pear...a Winter Décor post!  We don't celebrate the holidays in the traditional manner, so I went more with Winter Décor...I find pops of red popping up this time of year!

My first photo is of a project I did for Prickley Pear a few years ago...I used the HH0082 Winter's Glow image which I did up with the glitter and acetate technique and then embellished with some paper embroidery.  Hubby made up a frame for the card, it's very sparkly and the embroidery gives a homespun feel as well!
This is a peek at the decor by our front door.  I went with a fun wire and twine snowflake which I embellished with a poinsettia, a few fun berries and some white snowball thingys.  I change the decor on the frame out for each season...there is a snowman coming up for January!
I love this little wire and vine wrapped snowman, he's sitting outside our patio doors with his little shovel! 
This is on top of a Pottery Barn inspired library cabinet hubby made for me...I found some white flowers that have lights in them and the red berries just seemed right with them.  Can't say they are holiday decor though....they live there all year round!  I did add the white artichoke though for the winter season...and I can't go wrong with old books....I love them!
And finally, here is one more project that lives out year round, but with the red berries it also reads winter.  It is a stamped image that we painted....and no I can't paint, but it was in a workshop and I like it enough that it lives on my wall year round!

I hope you have enjoyed a peek into some of our winter decor!

Comments

Beautiful decor Michelle - love the top one in the black frame.
Blessings
Maxine
Janeen said…
Very pretty, I like your snowman with his little shovel, cute as can be.

Popular Posts