Clean and Simple Card Set!

It was one of those days yesterday that I love...when an image that has been in my possession for a long time comes back to mind and is used in a different way then it may have been intended...or at least differently than I first used it.    This set of cards features images from Studio 313's Bird Song Framed Set that is available at McMahon Five Designs.  The sentiments are a FREEBIE if you purchase the Birdsong Framed Set.  While they fit perfectly with that set, I had printed the sentiments all out and decided I would see how else I could use them!


I decided I would color them with Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  I had planned to cut out the squares after I had them colored...so I masked the edges of the word boxes so I could keep them clean and white.
Needless to say, after I removed the tape, I decided I would use the irregular white masked portion as a frame of sorts and trimmed them just beyond for a very fun effect!
I even have a red card!  I realized as I made this that I often don't make cards with red on them...but this one is very vibrant and fun.

The embossing folder is Magical by Couture Creations.  I embellished the cards with a few pieces of Candi from the Covent Garden and Saville Row collections.

If you want to take a peek at the last McMahon Five Designs release for a bit, head over to the blog and see all of the fun new sets!  Sue is giving us the summer off as it is a busy time with kids and gardens and life.  I will be back in the fall with more Draw Me A Daydream sets as well.  My goal is to continue to browse through images that are just begging to be made into cards, so you will see more M5D creations from me over the summer!

Comments

Michelle these are fabulous - what stunning cards made so easily. Love the masked frames.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts