Stenciled Polished Stone Tutorial


Today's card for Prickley Pear features the Polished Stone Technique.  There is just something magical about alcohol inks on glossy papers!  I decided it was time to get them out again and play with them along with some Tim Holtz Stencils. I used CLR025B Steampunk Gears 3 Clear Set.


For my backgrounds I am using some old Studio 2 alcohol reinkers (similar to Copic makers).  You could either use Copic reinkers or some Ranger alcohol inks.  I chose Mauve, Indigo and Ice Blue.  I am using alcohol, but you could use Ranger's Alcohol Blending Solution or Copic's Colorless Blender Solution.
 I am using a Ranger handle with some felt on it.  I added some Ranger Silver Mixative to the  mix for a bit of shimmery fun.
When I do this technique I usually do a whole pile.  I use glossy cardstock, but I also throw some matte photo paper scraps into the mix, I love the alcohol inks on this coated paper.
I mean, really....love the mixture of colors you get when you mix the inks together!  Pure watercolor wonder!

So, use whatever inks you might have available to you to create some fun backgrounds today!


Comments

Janeen said…
very pretty. i bought a couple of ranger inks specifically for this about eight years ago. i hardly ever do this technique. i guess i just forget about it. my colors are kind of christmasy, i should dig them out.
Jennifer said…
Very Beautiful! I love the way you've done your background, and the intricate butterfly is delightful!
What fabulous cards - love the way you have used the inks to create such gorgeous backgrounds.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts