Fly!

One last card from me using The Rubber Cafe Creative Cafe Kit  called Follow Your Dreams! I used the Birds of a Feather set again, and this time I stamped with Scrap Happy Sheer Glue!

Yup, you heard me right, I stamped with glue and then burnished various colors of the You're So Fine Glitters over the glue once it had dried a bit.  I used Purple Rocks, Blue Skies and Lilac Purple.  A quick tip for you....if you get a bit of glue somewhere you wish you hadn't, use a glue eraser to pick it and any stray glitter up!

Here is a video of the technique being done with some butterfly stamps!
http://scrapbookexpo.com/tag/the-rubber-cafe/
 
The card base is a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch piece of the navy cardstock included in the kit.  I stamped my feathers with glue on a white cardstock measuring 5 1/4 x 4 inches.  Once the glue/glittering was done I distressed the edges of the panel.

The focal image is stamped on a piece of 2 3/4 x 1 5/8 inches white cardstock.  To reduce the amount of white space around the feather, I took a ruler and drew a pencil line at 2 inches and then cut off the outside piece, leaving a narrow white border around the feather.

The glittered mat measures 2 1/4 x 1 7/8 inches.  You can add glitter to a white piece of cardstock by brushing the edge with some glue on your finger and then glittering.  Once the stamped image is on top it looks like the whole thing is glittered!  I popped the glitter framed image onto a blue mat measuring 2 1/4 x 2 1/2 inches with foam tape.


www.inspirationblooms.blogspot.com

Supplies:
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe - Creative Cafe KOTM - Follow your Dreams Kit, Birds of a Feather set
Ink:  Versafine Black Ink
Paper:  The Rubber Cafe Creative Cafe KOTM
Adhesives:  Foam Tape, Scrap Happy Sheer Glue

Comments

Beautiful card Michelle - it must be really pretty IRL with the glittered feathers
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts