Riley and Co Designer Highlight - Coaster Box


Hello there!  Today's Designer Highlight features Michelle Pearson ~ Inspiration Blooms

I have made stamping my hobby for over 20 years!  I love to color and cut and create all sorts of cards from flowery to fun.  I dabble with paper embroidery and Zentangle, and my newest fun is incorporating stamping into my planner.  Why not make the mundane fun?    I have worked on a variety of design teams and teach workshops in my home. Stamping is cheaper than therapy!

I live with my husband, son and daughter in a small Wisconsin town.  When I'm not stamping I love to putter in my flower beds, canning/freezing food and spend time with my family.  I am an Lilla Rose Stylist and enjoy sharing hair accessories made with music wire at craft/vendor shows and at home boutiques!  
My project today started out to be a coaster box with each side decorated for a month of the year...however if a banner is more your thing...just make each coaster and time them together to form a banner.  I have made five months of the year here starting with December.
December is the first month I made using the new Dress Up Rileys sets and dies.  Details on this month's tile feature paper piecing for the skiis and winter apparel.  A torn edge makes for a perfect ski hill!

January's tile is one of my favorites as I got to make a fun holiday sweater and a fancy cocoa mug by stamping strategically onto designer paper!  I hit the snowflakes on the embossing folder with a white ink pad to make them pop just a bit.  Again...a torn edge is the perfect snowy base for Riley!

February's tile is sweet with candy hearts stamped in pink ink....just perfectly mimicing conversation hearts so popular this time of year!  

March's tile features a fun glittered background I made.  And the conversation hearts were so cute in February, why not have some conversation shamrocks?  

For April, I paired the sweater with the jumper and irish hat to make a sweet little outfit!  I cut an element from the paper to adorn the sweater.  
I will be completing the year as new sets are released....and you can take a peek at these in the Riley and Co booths this year in the form of a banner!!
Stamps:  

Here are a few peeks of other creations I have made featuring Riley and Co images.
I love pairing papers with images and this one just makes me happy! 
Stamps used:  Mushroom Lane Library

This card was just so fun with the tissue tape that mimics the mummy.  
Stamps used:  Mummy Riley and a Funny Bones Sentiment.

This is a fun shaker card.  I stamped the diamond onto acetate and colored the back with Copic Markers before fussy cutting and adding to the shaker box!

Another favorite Mushroom Lane image Winter House.  I love the fussy cutting and dimension on this card!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my Riley and Co work!  I hope you found something to inspire you!

Comments

What a wonderful selection of Riley all in different 'costumes' and poses. Love all the various themes you have also. Great work! No wonder they love you!!
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts